What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.
What information is kept by a cookie?
A cookie will typically hold
- the name or IP Address of the website that it has come from
- how long the cookie will stay on your computer or other web connected device
- a value – usually a randomly generated unique number
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box. However if you block cookies, you will not be able to use many of the features of this website.
You can opt out of the cookie tracking here: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
Opt-out of using Cookies on this website
For more information on how to change your cookies settings please see the links below…
iomart Group plc 6 Atlantic Quay, 55 Robertson Street, Glasgow, G2 8JD United Kingdom
Tel: 44 (0) 141 931 6400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org